Program Administrator (Supervising) (Program Administrator - Recruitment)
Salary: $10,462.40 - $13,398.67 Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01486-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Human Resources
Closing: 7/10/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
NOTE Regarding Salary: A 3% COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) will apply as of 6-27-22
Recruitment, Training & Benefits Unit (Position Code 0574)
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all newly hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting)
Valley Water Telework Program: Eligibility for telework will depend on the type of work performed, operational needs, and the ability for the employee to perform the essential functions of their job duties while teleworking. Employment with Valley Water requires employees to live within 150 miles of their primary physical work location located in San Jose, California by their start date.
This position is eligible for a hybrid telework schedule, typically working 40% remote and 60% onsite.
A 2.5% supervising differential will apply
At Valley Water, we provide Silicon Valley safe, clean water for a healthy life, environment, and economy and are a leading and nationally recognized water resources management agency. You will find that we are serious about what we do and care for the community we serve. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work. When you join our team, you will find like-minded people that are passionate about what they do and have a customer focus to grow the people behind your water.
In this role, you will get to use your experience and attention to detail to help us continuously improve and scale our recruiting processes. You will represent the recruitment team on a wide variety of projects from the implementation of system enhancements to the execution of recruiting strategies. You will also drive initiatives with your recruitment team, many of which you will identify and propose. You must have a track record of delivering amazing customer service, the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a fast-moving recruitment environment.
This Supervising Program Administrator in Recruitment (Supervising Recruitment Administrator) plays a key role in ensuring our recruitment efforts attract, recruit, and retain the best talent that reflects the community Valley Water serves. This position will supervise a team of 6.5 recruiters and support staff that manage over 200 recruitments per year. We will rely on this position to motivate, lead, and enable the team to succeed in their mission of providing top customer service and full cycle recruiting to our agency. There will also be opportunities to identify areas of continual improvement and implement new systems.
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria as listed below.
- At least 6 years of experience in full cycle recruiting.
- A generalist background in HR to have a systematic sense of how recruitment fits in.
- Experience implementing new technology such as applicant tracking, HRIS, and sourcing applications.
- Executive Recruitment (headhunting or working with headhunters).
- At least two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in the water industry, public/private utilities, or other public agencies.
- Skilled in project management, and leading teams.
- Knowledge of cutting-edge tools and innovations for recruitment such as tools for applicant tracking, virtual screening, employee referral apps, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Data-driven with an ability to translate data into solutions.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in verbal communications, presentations, and professional networking.
- Knowledge of uniform guidelines on selection procedures.
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources, business administration, public administration, or a related field.
- SHRM certification is a plus.
Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education to a maximum of four years
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. To review the Classification Specification, please click here (Download PDF reader)
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
* Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California's July 26, 2021 Public Health Officer Order.
**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination Requirement
An individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:
1. Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine's manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;
2. Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,
3. Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd/jobs/3598407/program-administrator-supervising-program-administrator-recruitment
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency