MANAGEMENT ANALYST - (GRANTS ANALYST)
$7,241.83 - $9,656.83 Monthly, Plus Excellent Benefits
Opportunity to work a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off.
Future MOU salary increases: 5% 7/1/23; 5% 7/1/24.
The City of Gilroy is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Join our team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
The City of Gilroy is currently recruiting for a Management Analyst in the Administration Department reporting to the Assistant to the City Administrator. The primary responsibility for this position will be to research, identify, apply for, manage, and report on grants for various departments of the City. The eligibility list from this recruitment may be used to fill other Management Analyst vacancies in the City during the life of the list.
The Management Analyst (MA) position is a journey-level, exempt position in which the incumbent works independently, or as part of a team, on professional level work involving significant analytical ability. This position requires both breadth and depth of use and application of theories, concepts, and techniques used, and a thorough understanding of policies and procedures. Under general supervision the MA will perform a variety of budget, project, and program management, administrative, and research work. Additionally, the MA may develop and evaluate management projects and policy issues and may be assigned to supervise full-time and part-time employees as well as volunteers. The MA may rotate amongst different Management Analyst positions in different departments as needed by the organization. If assigned duties in support of labor negotiations and/or labor relations, the position may be deemed to be an unrepresented confidential employee.
WHY THIS IS A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
In this position you will have a direct impact on the community we serve and will be a major contributor to the City's development efforts through grant funding. You will work in an environment that is energizing and multifaceted and will be challenged daily. The Administration team is a small close-knit group with a strong sense of camaraderie, with a passion to serve Gilroy, and are invested in the community's future and success. We leverage our individual experience and expertise for collaborative problem solving and we enjoy discussing, learning, and planning new programs and how they can be strategically implemented.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Be passionate about local government and experienced with public sector grant-writing.
- Have excellent persuasive writing skills with a proven track record of accumulating funds for government programs and projects.
- Provide exceptional customer service with excellent follow through and communication.
- Be able to analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives and make creative recommendations.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in working with a diverse group of people including the senior executive team, managers, employees, and the general public.
- Be highly organized, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and be deadline oriented.
- Have the ability to learn and serve as a subject matter expert on the City's software systems including the ability to train other City Staff.
- Have strong presentation skills, and is engaging by using relatable language that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
EXAMPLES OF FIRST YEAR PROJECTS
- Partner with the City's grant writing consultant and establish relationships with common grant funding organizations.
- Develop a Needs Assessment for City Departments and pursue funding from grant sources.
- Identify, and potentially apply for, grants that align with the City Council's strategic goals.
- Provide input on department processes to improve efficiencies.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Public Administration, Political Science, Business Administration, or a closely related field. Master's degree from an accredited college or university is highly desirable.
- Five years of progressively responsible analytical or administrative experience, two years of which is at the journey level and which includes supervisory responsibility.
- Strong experience in utilization of computers including word-processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation (PowerPoint or Prezi) and e-mail communication applications.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Driver License and a safe driving record necessary to operate assigned vehicle(s).
- Willingness to continue education and training by learning new skills as changes occur. Expand skills by taking additional courses and attending seminars, workshops, and individual study.
- Pass an employment background check to include a Department of Justice criminal record check.
- Prefer non-tobacco user.
- Prefer bilingual (English/Spanish).
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting career opportunity please attach and submit the following required items with your NEOGOV application:
- A completed City of Gilroy online application including supplemental responses.
- A detailed cover letter expressing your interest in the position with the City of Gilroy is preferred.
- A detailed resume that highlights your related skills and experience is preferred.
City Application Form - Candidates must complete the NEOGOV City of Gilroy application form for this position and submit online. Please prepare attachments prior to completion of the NEOGOV application as incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Apply Online: Go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cityofgilroy. You can apply online by clicking on the job title you are interested in and clicking on the "Apply" link. After viewing the Job Description, click the 'Apply' tab. If this is the first time you are applying using our online job application, you will need to create an account and select a Username and Password. After your account has been established, you can import your resume from LinkedIn, upload it from a saved document on your computer, or manually enter your personal information. This application will be saved and used to apply for future job openings.
Recruitment Schedule - Key Dates*
- Application Closing Date: February 12, 2023
- Interview: March 1, 2023
- Finalist Interview: Week of March 6th
(*Note: The examination process/schedule may be changed as needed by the City.)
Only complete application packets will be reviewed. Only the most qualified applicants with the most relevant experience and education will be invited to continue in the selection process. In addition, final candidates for the position are required to pass an employment background check, State of California Department of Justice criminal records check, medical evaluation, and drug screen, given at the City's expense, prior to appointment. If special accommodations are necessary at any stage of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department right away 408-846-0228.
AND SUPPORTS WORKFORCE DIVERSITY.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency