Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, November 14, 2022
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, December 16, 2022
Internal Reference # 22-177
Under general supervision, Maintenance Specialist IIs (MS-II) perform a variety of operations, maintenance, repair, inspection, and construction tasks in connection with operating and maintaining facilities and properties associated with East Bay Municipal Utility District's (EBMUD's) raw water storage and transmission systems; water and wastewater treatment systems; chemical treatment systems; and related facilities and properties across the East Bay and Central Valley. MS-IIs are assigned to one of the following locations: Walnut Creek, Brentwood/Discovery Bay area, Stockton or Pardee/Valley Springs area.
The list generated from this recruitment will be used to fill any Maintenance Specialist II vacancy that may occur in either the Aqueduct Section or Pardee Section during the next 12-24 months. There are two (2) current vacancies (one in Aqueduct and one in Pardee), which will be filled at the MSII level.
EBMUD provides paid training and opportunities to gain experience in higher skilled areas. Once individuals have gained experience and demonstrated proficiency, they advance to the Maintenance Specialist III (journey level) classification. Promotional advancement usually takes about two years. MS-IIs must advance to MS-III within two and a half years of hire. Currently, the top MS-III salary is $117,300 annually.
Maintenance Specialist II is the sub-journey level classification in the series and works under general supervision. Individuals perform semi-skilled work and receive training and experience in skilled work. This classification is distinguished from the Maintenance Specialist I classification in that the Maintenance Specialist II is required to have previous experience and knowledge of fundamental mechanical, electrical, and civil theory. MSIIs will participate in EBMUD's Trades Training Program for Maintenance Specialists and learn to perform complex maintenance duties.
Maintenance Specialist III is the journey level classification in this series and works under general supervision. Individuals perform skilled work in a variety of trades. This class is distinguished from supervisor classifications in that supervisors are responsible for planning, directing, and assisting in the work performed by Maintenance Specialists and other workers.
The Maintenance Specialist II monthly salary range is $7,284 per month, increasing to $7,648, $8,030, and $8,432 after 12, 24, and 36 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
1. A high school diploma or its equivalent.
2. Two years of experience in any combination of the following: mechanical, electrical, structures maintenance, equipment operation, and construction work.
3. Possession of a valid California driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. Must possess a valid, unrestricted Class A driver's license with endorsement for air brakes within 12 months of appointment (EBMUD pays for training). Incumbents are subject to federally mandated random drug testing as a condition of maintaining employment.
4. Possession of or ability to obtain, within 12 months of appointment, a T2 Water Treatment Operator Certificate and/or a Wastewater Operator-in-Training Certificate, issued by the State Water Resources Control Board (Bixler only).
5. Possession of or ability to obtain, within 12 months of appointment, a State of California Qualified Applicators Certificate (QAC), with Rights-of-Way endorsement from the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (CDPR).
6. Ability to respond and be on-site within one hour of the reporting location if on standby assignment and working as a MS-III.
7. Must possess the physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the class.
8. Willing and able to work in a variety of weather conditions; work weekends, holidays, and on any shift, on call or overtime as needed.
9. May be required to be clean shaven on a scheduled basis to test or to wear respiratory protection equipment.
10. Willing and able to complete home study, on-the-job training, and pass written examinations required to advance to MS-III. Must advance to MS-III within 30 months of appointment.
Please note: EBMUD requires all employees to provide written proof of vaccination. Those employees with sincerely held religious beliefs or valid medical reasons, as determined by EBMUD, will be exempt from vaccination requirements. Contact EBMUD Human Resources for additional questions.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, December 16, 2022. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency